Here's to the perfect 4th of July treat!
1 can garbanzo beans
1/2 cup radish, sliced into half moons
1/4 cup chopped mint, stem and all
1/4 cup parsley
1/4 cup sliced thin red onions
1 tsp cumin
2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
1 tbsp lemon
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1. Strain garbanzo bean juice into bowl and vigorously whisk in lemon, vinegar, olive oil, salt, paprika, turmeric, and cumin.
2. Mix all ingredients together.
3. If needs sweetness, add maple syrup.
We served this dressing with our Amor Abundant Salad during our Seed to Soul Takeout Dinner. It could also be served as a dip or drizzled over roasted veggies!
Apple Cider Vinaigrette (base)
1/8 c apple cider vinegar
1/2 c olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
Make it rich n creamy
1/4 c soaked cashews
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/8 c veggie broth (or water)
Make it Seed to Soul
1 tsp dill seed
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp thyme
Blend it all together and enjoy!
Need some comfort food? Serve this bolognese over your favorite pasta, we like fettucini.
½ cup carrot diced
16 oz pack mushrooms
2 garlic cloves
1 cup diced onion
¼ cup white wine
1 cup fire roasted tomatoes
3 cups mineral broth
1 bay leaf
½ tsp rosemary
½ tsp thyme
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp oil
Happy Cinco De Mayo! Makes 8 large tacos
For the lentil-walnut taco meat (makes 2 1/2 cups):
1 cup uncooked French green lentils (you will use 1 3/4 cups cooked lentils)*
1 cup walnut pieces, toasted
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt, or to taste
1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons water
For the toppings and wraps:
1 to 2 large bell peppers, thinly sliced
Fresh lime juice
Other topping options: sliced avocado, hot sauce, cilantro, etc.
This dressing is great on salads, as a dip, but also on roasted spring veggies!
Yield: 1.25 cups
1. Add garlic clove to food processor and process until finely chopped.
2. Add in the water, oil, avocado, herbs & onion. Process until smooth. Now add in the lemon juice and apple cider vinegar slowly stopping to taste it every little bit. Finally add in the salt to taste. We used 1 tsp.
3. LICK THE BOWL!
4. Store in an air tight container or jar in the fridge. Keeps for about 5 days.
Note: This dressing has a tangy kick to it from the ACV and lemon juice. If you aren’t a fan of a strong tangy flavour, I would suggest decreasing the amounts we used.
This dessert we made for our clients was a BIG hit among all the volunteers. :)